Saturday, July 25, 2009

Inattentive babysitting

My daughter is a brat. I love her dearly, but she is definitely going through a bratty stage. I had to take my son to the endocrinologist an hour and a half away, and I expected he'd have to have labs done. There was little chance I was taking both of them with the way she's been behaving lately. So Grandma & Granddad agreed to watch her. Or should I say, they agreed to let her stay at the lake house for the day.

I heard stories when I returned that were very disconcerting, but the one that makes me the most upset? How Grandma was sitting on the porch facing the road talking to a neighbor, and the neighbor asked Grandma if she had a little one for the day. Baby was peeking around the corner of the porch. She had come down stairs, out the door onto the porch FACING THE LAKE, and walked around the side of the house!

Granddad hadn't heard her, and Grandma was not where she COULD hear her. And there were a couple other stories of how Baby was able to go outside or inside without them knowing. So now I need to find a reliable babysitter, or I need to never go anywhere without my children again.

No comments:

Post a Comment