Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bi-partisan, my big fat batootie.

I watched about 10 minutes of President Obama's speech in the online townhall on Health Care Reform. And I had to turn off the TV. I wanted to find a huge pillow to scream into, but I was afraid my kids would "freak out" (in the words of my 3 1/2 year old daughter).

He went through his proposal, assuring everyone that he did not intend to take over the health care industry. Hmm. Where have we heard THOSE words before? OH YEAH. When he was talking about the automobile industry! And look how that turned out.

He promised that by taking away money the government pays to insurance companies, and by taking away certain tax exemptions to the top 2% of Americans, the cost of his proposals could be completely covered. He promised that changes would take place THIS YEAR.

And then it started. "Already the nay-sayers are lining up with every negative criticism in the book. Blah blah blah. But where are their solutions?"

I wanted to jump up and down, scream and pull out my hair! There are several valid proposals written by the Republicans that would not require the government to spend ANY money, but the Dems refuse to acknowledge them, much less read them, much less consider them!! But the general American public will never hear about them, because the president does not want to do anything that would make sense! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

I had to turn it off. I had to. I walked out of the room, and watched the Jetsons with my children. My blood pressure is slowly returning to normal. The throbbing in my head continues. How much longer can we take it? Everything is a crisis; everything must be addressed RIGHT NOW. We cannot take time to analyze, discuss, or debate the legislation. We cannot even take time to read the legislation. We must push it through before we go on vacation. We must do it now. Anyone who disagrees is a nay-sayer who needs to be steamrolled FOR HAVING A BRAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment