Saturday, July 4, 2009

Poor loser

Me. I'm a poor loser. I might not pout, I might not verbally complain, but inside I get pretty twisted up. If you know me well, and you look deep into my eyes, you'll recognize the smoldering that is going on way down deep.

I entered a writing contest, and told myself there was no real chance I'd win. But I guess in the back of my mind, I thought I did a pretty good job.

The speech that won. Hmm. It was VERBOSE. Verbose, ad nauseum. Over the top. Seriously?

Stink. If I had known they wanted something like THAT... And the honorable mention was just ok in my mind. But what do I know?

I get irritated with people who use the English language like that. Speak clearly, concisely, passionately. But don't use a thesaurus to look up some multi-syllable word for every other word in your essay. And don't reward dorks who do.

1 comment:

  1. So you got an honorable mention? That's cool! Do we get to read your entry? :D

    ReplyDelete